Welcome to AppTap! AppTap is a mobile advertising, data, app recommendations and app discovery company that provides mobile application developers, mobile carriers and OEMs, advertisers, and publishers (Partners) an advertising platform and products (Service) that helps consumers (End Users) find apps that are relevant, enjoyable and/or useful to them.
Our goal is simple - deliver the right app, to the right user, at the right time. We do that by delivering relevant app recommendations, advertising and app discovery features to users on partner mobile web sites, apps, mobile devices and through partner services. AppTap also allows app advertisers to use our platform to promote their apps to users on our partner properties.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information We Collect
- Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
- Information We Share
- Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
- Our Retention of Your Personal Data
- Your Choices and Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
- Our Opt-in/Out-out Policy
- Third Party Links
- International Transfer
- How We Protect Personal Data
- Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
- How to Contact Us
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. Learn more about our data transfer operations in the “International Transfer” section below. If you do not agree to the transfer, storage and use of your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate, please do not use the Sites or Services.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal data, to provide better services to all our Users. We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of personal data include: full name, gender, age, email address, digital advertising identifier, such as a GAID or IDFA, information about your device, and certain metadata.
“Sensitive Personal Data” refers to a smaller subset of personal data which is considered more sensitive to the individual, such as race and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic or biometric information, physical or mental health information, medical insurance data, or sexual orientation. AppTap does not collect Sensitive Personal Data and we do not want you to give it to us.
We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
Information You Give to Us
You may choose to provide us with personal data about yourself, including your name, location, website and email address, organization, phone number and email address, when you voluntarily provide information to use certain aspects of our Service (e.g., entering an email address on a form you use to contact us). You may provide us with Personal Data about yourself when your report a problem or have a question about our Services.
Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Services
We collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version; connection type; browser type; location information; language settings; the names of other applications which you have downloaded and installed; identifiers which may include Android ID, Advertising ID, GAID, IDFA, Device ID, IP address; the URL of the website that sent you to our Site; the webpage you requested and viewed; and your internet service provider, network operator, sim card provider, device and build model, device manufacturer, phone type, device language, browser headers, country code, OS version; and how you used our Site. When you use our Site, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs.. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
We may also collect information about you from Partners, in which case those Partners, by sharing data with AppTap, represent and warrant they are in full compliance with applicable laws.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third party advertising and analytics partners include Google, Localytics, as well as advertising tracking companies, advertising agencies, mobile advertising platforms, advertisers, including app developers and publisher, mobile publishers, and analytics platforms.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Please note that if you do not provide us with Personal Data, your ability to use certain aspects of our Services may be limited.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use your personal data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To inform you about services available from AppTap
- To authorize access to our Sites and Services
- To bill you for Services
- To provide you with Services
- To administer content, promotion, survey or other Site features
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs, online campaigns, online programs, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails
- To improve our customer service
- To respond to and support users regarding their use of the Sites and Services
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements
We use the information we collect from our Sites to provide, maintain, and improve them, to develop new services, and to protect our Company and our users.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. We may use your personal information to see which web pages you visit at our Site, which web site you visited before coming to our Site, and where you go after you leave our Site. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Site and how to improve it. We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting Personal Data
Whenever we collect Personal Data from you, we may do so on the following legal bases:
- Your consent to such collection and use, including consent provided to an AppTap partner
- Out of necessity for the performance of an agreement between us and you, such as your agreement to use our Services
- Our legitimate business interest, including but not limited to the following circumstances where collecting or using Personal Data is necessary for:
- Intra-organization transfers for client data for administrative purposes
- Product development and enhancement, where the processing enables AppTap to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our users, and to better understand how people interact with our Sites
- Communications and marketing, including processing data for direct marketing purposes, and subject to your opt-in for these purposes, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising
- Fraud detection and prevention
- Enhancement of our cybersecurity, including improving the security of our network and information systems
- General business operations and diligence
Provided that, in each circumstance, we will weigh the necessity of our processing for the purpose against your privacy and confidentiality interests, including taking into account your reasonable expectations, the impact of processing, and any safeguards which are or could be put in place. In all circumstances, we will limit such processing for our legitimate business interest to what is necessary for its purposes.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of the Organization unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AppTap when we have your consent to do so.
- For Legal Reasons. We will share Personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AppTap if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AppTap, our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We attempt to notify Users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
- Business Transfers. If we establish a new related entity, are acquired by or merged with another organization, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, Personal Data about our users is often a transferred business asset. In the event that AppTap itself or substantially all of our assets are acquired, Personal Data about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
- Aggregate Site Use Information. We may share aggregate and anonymized/pseudonymized Personal Data to third parties in order to promote or describe use of the Sites, for research, marketing, advertising, or similar purposes.
Your Failure to Provide Personal Data
Your provision of Personal Data is required in order to use certain parts of our services and our programs. If you fail to provide such Personal Data, you may not be able to access and use our Services and/or our programs, or parts of our Services and/or our programs.
Our Retention of Your Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our products and Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also may retain your Personal Data during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your Choices and Accessing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Data
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your personal data. We also aim to provide you with access to your Personal Data. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of personal information we maintain about you or you may update or correct inaccuracies in that information through your AppTap account at www.apptap.com, or by contacting us. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In addition, if you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the How to Contact Us section below.
European Users' Rights With Respect to Personal Data
Some data protection laws, including the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), provide you with certain rights in connection with Personal Data you have shared with us. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- The right of access: You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your Personal Data from our servers and to erase your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your Personal Data will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Data, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Data stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider's servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can learn more about how to make these requests here. You may also contact us using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself by emailing us at . If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements or for other legitimate business purposes.
We may contact you to request that you update your Personal Data on a regular basis to ensure its integrity for the purposes of ongoing data management.
Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
Third Party Links
The Sites may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than AppTap. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party's website. AppTap strongly recommends that each User review the third party's terms and policies.
We are committed to complying with applicable laws, regulations and mandatory government standards regarding the protection of Personal Data.
If we transfer your Personal Data out of your jurisdiction, we will implement suitable safeguards and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders to ensure that your Personal Data is protected.
How We Protect Personal Data
AppTap maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User's Personal Data and information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and transport layer security (TLS) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Data.
If AppTap collects account information for payment or credit, AppTap will use the information only to complete the task for which the account information was offered.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13 if the child is located in the United States, or under the age of 16 if the child is located in the European Union. If a child has provided us with Personal Data, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age in the applicable jurisdiction, please contact us at . If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
AppTap does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California users may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing us at the address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section.
- June 10, 2015
- May 25, 2018
How to Contact Us
Send e-mail to:
Send mail to our address:
11911 Freedom Drive, Suite 850
Reston, VA 20194